Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back

Took a few weeks off for the holidays-not from running, just blogging. Things were hectic around the house and the kids and Erin got sick one after another, leaving little time for navel-gazing. I'm afraid I had to take a couple of weeks off from long-runs as well. Hopefully I'll be able to dial back in this Saturday. I started reading Scott Jurek's book Eat and Run a few days ago. If you haven't yet read it I highly recommend it. Scott is an accomplished ultra-runner who eats a totally vegan diet which he in large part attributes his success to.

I was able to maintain 30+ mile weeks during the holidays and somehow actually lost a few pounds despite the constant parade of cookies and wine flowing past me on a daily basis. Despite my success on the sweet and fats diet, I'm heading into the New Year with an eye towards training fueled by a lower-fat plant-based diet rather than a paleo one.

Hopefully I'll have a more extended post up tomorrow. After 2 weeks away from my desk, I'm a little overwhelmed with work at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment