Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Revision


It’s been a few days. Nothing to say, really. Running is going well, albeit I’m slower at ramping up the distance than I expected. Went out for 9 miles last Saturday and felt great. I think that is the biggest difference with my new proto-vegan diet; I have way better energy on my runs, whether they are long or short. This makes sense since the carbohydrate content of my current regime is significantly higher than I’ve been eating over the last few years.

I’ve decided to make a concession to my age and recalibrate my goals for the year. As things stand now, I doubt I will be in shape to run 50k on March 3. Instead, I have decided to sign up for the 25k on the same day, and run the Long Island Marathon as a training run for a possible attempt on the 50k Long Island Greenbelt run a few weeks later. Whether I actually attempt the 50k will in large part depend on what my recovery from the marathon looks like. If I’m not ready for the 50k, I’ll pick an ultra later on in the summer. There are plenty to choose from.

I’ve come to realize that going balls to the wall in training is something that was easy to get away with as a younger man, but harder to pull off now. That is all ok. One foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment